Water restrictions & Water saving
South Africa is a water scarce country….
What can we do to help out:
- Do not leave taps dripping.
Wash your car on the grass, this will water your lawn at the same time.
Use a watering can instead of a hosepipe
Shorten your showering time
Use a glass of water to rinse when brushing your teeth
- Take shallow baths. Avoid filling your bath to a depth greater than 100mm
Re-use water to water your garden or pot plant
- Check that you don’t have running toilets
- Check pressure reducing valve is not running. This could drip between 2 & 5 litres per day to relieve expansion due to geyser heating up.
- Check your water meter regularly to make sure it is not running when all taps and toilets are not in use. If it is running you could have and underground leak.